Enerdata Academy – Energy and climate training courses
Capacity building is a key driver of competitiveness in our fast-moving business world. To constantly adapt to their markets, organisations, departments and employees need to acquire new competences.
To ensure that their teams are quickly operational, managers are looking for the most efficient trainings:
- Brief sessions, focused on a specific topic
- Designed for juniors, newcomers, as well as senior staff
- Relying on both academic energy economics, and concrete case studies and drills
- Small groups
Enerdata is committed to providing knowledge to help its clients define their best energy transition strategy and thus, organises trainings, designed and presented by our highly qualified team of energy economists, analysts, modelling specialists and data scientists.
For more than 30 years, we have thus trained people in senior positions in government departments and major companies.
- Off-the-shelves trainings: programmes detailed here under
- On-demand training, to address specific topics: on request
Courses require a minimum of 5 attendees with a maximum of 12.
Sessions on Energy Modelling
Introduction to energy modelling
- Understand the differences in models and methodologies
- Master the basic energy modelling concepts
- Assess the role of the main drivers and parameters of modelling
- Interpret forecasts correctly
Initiation to EnerMED, energy demand model
- Understand the structure & methodology of EnerMED
- Review EnerMED specific features
- Learn how to use the interface and to operate the model
- Identify the difference between EnerMED and other main demand models
Sessions on Energy Data Management
Handling and analysing energy and climate statistics
- Create an energy balance, including supply, transformation and consumption
- Understand international energy accounting regulations including energy flows, energy units, country-specific definitions and agreements
- Avoid energy statistics pitfalls
Sessions on Energy Efficiency
Energy efficiency policies
- Understand the different policy targets and existing measures on energy efficiency
- Examine best practices implemented worldwide and evaluate their strengths and weaknesses.
Measuring energy efficiency and CO2 emissions reduction
- Understand national objectives on energy consumption, renewables, energy efficiency and CO2 abatement;
- Study main techniques of energy savings and CO2 reduction policy evaluation;
- Apply those methods to evaluate the effectiveness of energy efficiency / CO2 abatement programmes.
Interested in a seminar?